Monday, June 2, 2008

What are we grumbling about

I often spend time grumbling about the world, the state of affairs, the president, congress on and on. How can they not see what God can do, why don't they follow God's law, why don't they turn to God, on and on. Occasionally God hits me with the 2x4 of sense or something like that and I look at the Bible for answers...what a novel concept. So here is a verse that really struck me today.

Second Chronicles 7:14

And my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven, will forgive their sin, and heal their land. (NASB)

It is interesting to read what God wants us to do to heal our land....not form political action committees, not run for office, or send money to politicians, or give speeches or support candidates or sign petitions at Church...he wants us to humble ourselves and pray and seek his face and turn from our wicked ways. As always, God keeps it simple. Amen and Amen

No comments: